Council manages four cemeteries and one crematorium:
- Ashhurst Cemetery
- Bunnythorpe Cemetery
- Kelvin Grove Cemetery and Crematorium
- Terrace End Cemetery
The Cemeteries and Crematorium Bylaw facilitates the service we provide, covering issues like the sale of burial plots, vehicle control, and keeping the graves and monuments in good order.
We invite your feedback on whether the bylaw adequately manages these issues. You can download a copy of the current bylaw from the bottom of this page.
Timeline of the review process
We're now at the informal consultation stage. We'll ask for formal submissions next year.
- November: Report to Council
- November-December: Informal consultation
- January-February: Draft changes to policy/bylaw
- March: Report to Council to seek approval to consult
- March-April: Formal consultation period
- June-August: Hearings, deliberation, adoption