Persons are qualified to be enrolled on the Parliamentary Electoral Roll if they:
- Are a New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident of New Zealand; and
- Are 18 years of age or over; and
- Have at some time resided continuously in New Zealand for one year or longer; and
- Are not otherwise disqualified under the Electoral Act 1993.
Parliamentary Electoral Rolls may be inspected at the following locations:
- Council's Customer Service Centre, 32 The Square
- Central Library, 4 The Square (NZ and Pacific Zone 2nd floor)
- Electoral Commission Enrolment Services, Level 3, 478 Main Street
- New Zealand Post Shops
If you are not currently enrolled on the Parliamentary Electoral Roll, or wish an alteration to be made, the following options are available:
- Complete the appropriate form available at any of the above locations.
- Call 0800 36 76 56
- Enrol online on the Elections NZ website
Ratepayers who are not residents of Palmerston North
Ratepayers who are not residents of Palmerston North but pay rates on a property within the city may be entitled to enrol on the Ratepayer Electoral Roll.
Companies, businesses and societies which are ratepayers may also nominate an elector to vote on their behalf. Any such elector nominated must reside outside Palmerston North.
Any alterations or additions to the Ratepayer Roll should be made by contacting the Electoral Officer at the City Council, telephone 06 356 8199.