The guts of it
The process is simple – we’ll run a summer and a winter season of events, but will take applications throughout the year. So when genius strikes, get in touch with us and we'll set up a kōrero. If your idea has legs, we’ll work with you to make it happen.
Whether you need help with one thing, or a handful of things, here are some of the ways Palmy Unleashed can support you:
- event planning guidance
- event funding
- social media promotion
- booking public spaces in the city centre
- event gear
- public and stakeholder consultation
- navigating Council processes
If your idea is a bit quirky and unexpected, we'll get on like two peas in a pod
We’re not about rigid protocol, but we do have a few criteria that we think our events should live by. We’re looking for events that are:
- unique and a little bit unexpected
- new or haven’t been done here before
- small to medium sized
- musical, artistic, recreational or leisure-focused
- open to everyone
- for the good of the people
- situated in the city centre
- making use of public places like the Square, 50 George, laneways and carparks
- helping to boost off-peak periods and encouraging people to stay longer and do more in the CBD
- creating a fun and vibrant city
- supported by ‘doers’ with a willingness to get stuck in
- managed and delivered in a collaborative way
- either a one off or keen to grow and become self-sustainable
We can't wait to hear your ideas!
Get in touch and let's see what we can do.
Palmy Unleashed Coordinator
Mobile: 027 429 5771
Let's get social
We're on your favourite social media networks. Like us to stay in the loop.