How to get started
Anybody can start a placemaking project, whether you're an individual wanting to host a street party or a business who'd like to get creative with an empty wall.
11 principles of placemaking
Six ways to get involved in placemaking in Palmy
- Follow Placemaking Palmerston North on Facebook to hear about upcoming placemaking projects that you can be part of.
- Grab a free placemaking DIY kit from us – it's a great resource for anyone interested in the big ideas behind placemaking and how to put them into practice locally.
- Join the Palmy Placemakers group on Facebook to get help or advice from other local placemakers.
- Lead your own public space project – send us your idea and we can organise a time to meet up.
- Browse international case studies and resources from Project for Public Spaces to get inspired.
- Partner with us to host a placemaking workshop – we'll help your crew create a place vision and action plan.