Minor building works checklists
If you're applying under our fixed fee category for minor building work, please complete the relevant checklist and submit it with your building consent application.
Download the checklists, and find out more about the type of building work that qualifies:
Building consent for minor building work
Plans and specifications
Your building consent application drawings should be clear, correct and complete, and include a suitable level of detail.
Government guidance: Quality drawings to support your building consent application
Acceptance and management of professional or expert opinions (producer statements)
It may be appropriate to engage a suitably qualified and experienced professional or expert to assist in preparing your building consent application. Experts can help by providing evidence to support your application in demonstrating compliance with the building code.
Supporting evidence may take many forms including:
- tests, verification methods or other standards
- appraisals of products or systems
- reports, including calculations and modelling
- peer reviews
- comparison with similar products and systems
- comparison with generic products and systems that are compliant with acceptable solutions
- producer statements and other forms of certificate (IQP/LBP certificates for example)
- case studies, of products and systems in use.
Professional opinions can assist in demonstrating compliance with the building code on reasonable grounds. They can also be used in the assessment of alternative solutions.
When processing your building consent the Council will need to determine if:
- the source or author of the professional opinion is expert (competent) and independent
- the basis for the opinion is acceptable.
Government guidance: Producer statements
Some sites may be subject to a natural hazard such as, erosion, falling debris, subsidence, slippage or flooding. Please refer to the guidance document for more information.
Natural hazards guidance(PDF, 396KB)
Electrical safe distance regulations
Be sure to check your safe building distances for overhead power lines before submitting your building consent application.
Safety around our networks |Powerco.co.nz