Our goal is to make working with us simple and easy. We've gathered this information together for suppliers of goods and services to Council, and people interested in becoming a supplier.
On these pages you'll find advice on our processes for procurement and payment, including:
- how to search for tenders called by the Council
- what types of contracts require health and safety accreditation
- our payment cycle
- what you need to include on your invoice to avoid payment delays
- who to contact if you haven't been paid.
Our procurement has a significant impact on the local economy
Palmerston North City Council is one of the Manawatū region’s largest buyers of services.
Guided by our long-term plan, we deliver projects and provide services that can give suppliers the opportunity to:
- contribute to Palmy’s social, environmental and economic development
- develop a long-term partnership with us
- work collaboratively with other suppliers
- be part of high-profile or one-of-a-kind projects.
We're looking to team up with companies and people who share our goals. As we’re working on behalf of the Palmy community we’re always on the search for value, quality, timeliness, ethical behaviour and fair dealing – along with a demonstrable focus on sustainable practices and delivery. Suppliers who do what they say they will help us to be accountable in getting the best outcomes for our community.
We purchase goods and services using several models, including open tender, closed tender, panels and direct sourcing.
This document sets out the core and strategic principles we apply to Council procurement.
Procurement Policy(PDF, 722KB)
Transport Procurement Strategy
This document sets out our strategic approach to procuring transport-related works and services. It was endorsed by NZ Transport Agency Waka Kotahi in November 2023.
Transport Procurement Strategy(PDF, 2MB)