118 James Line, Kelvin Grove, Palmerston North
Kelvin Grove Cemetery is Palmerston North's main cemetery, providing cremation and burial services to the city and its surrounding districts. It is set on 36 hectares of land, 7km from the central business district. It has a chapel that can be hired for memorial and committal services and a memorial garden.
The cemetery was opened in 1927 to replace the old Terrace End Cemetery on Napier Road. The crematorium and chapel were added in 1954. A modern gas-fired cremator was installed in 2003.
The cemetery performs about 180 burials and 400 cremations each year.
A Book of Memories is kept on display at the crematorium chapel. Entry into the book must be requested at the time of cremation. Commemoration plaques are available for ashes plots.