Jaycee Trust Travelling Fellowship Scheme
Under 40? You could get up to $5,000 towards travel costs associated with an overseas project, or project within New Zealand.
Council administers the Jaycee Trust Travelling Fellowship Scheme to enable young people to study or engage in special projects, either overseas or within New Zealand, to enhance their contribution to the community and their trade, industry, profession, business or calling in New Zealand.
Each year successful applicants will receive up to $5,000 each, with a maximum of $10,000 granted each funding round.
Apply for funding by Monday 29 August
Download the application form, complete and return it along with all relevant documentation.
Application form: Jaycee Trust Travel Fund(PDF, 590KB)
If you have any questions about the funding or the application process, please email Natalya Kushnirenko
We invite you to print out posters and flyers to help promote the fund in your workplace.
A3 Poster(PDF, 4MB)
A5 promotional flyer(PDF, 1MB)
Documentation you need to provide with your application
When you apply you will need to provide evidence that:
- you are under the age of 40 years as of 1 January of the current year
- you are a New Zealand citizen
- you live in Palmerston North or Manawatū
- you have approved paid leave for travelling purposes, or your intention to return to study
- you are able to meet at least 20 percent of your total travel costs.
- You must be under 40 years old as of 1 January of the year you're applying, be a New Zealand citizen and live in Palmerston North or Manawatū.
- Your proposed project must include intensive investigations beyond New Zealand, or within New Zealand. It must also illustrate the contribution that will be brought back to New Zealand and the Manawatū, and how you will be qualified to gain and pass on that benefit to your service role in New Zealand.
- Travel shall be for up to three months.
- The successful project should take place within the year following the date of approval.
- Funding will only be granted towards travel costs, not accommodation costs.
- If your application is approved, you'll need to submit a project report to the Selection Panel within three months of returning to New Zealand.
Read reports by past recipients
Jaycee Trust report by Antariksh Nag: New Zealand Secondary Students Choir farewell tour(PDF, 61KB)
Jaycee Trust report by Carson Taare: Carson live at the Globe(PDF, 116KB)
Jaycee Trust report by Juliet Thomas: Preventive conservation study tour(PDF, 2MB)