Clock tower lighting
For national or international days, the lighting on the clock tower can be changed to a specific colour.
We also tend to change the colour of the clock tower's lighting, for reasons such as:
- National holidays – e.g. Anzac Day
- Popular symbolic or celebration days – e.g. St Patricks Day
- As part of an event which is booked in Te Marae o Hine/The Square
- One-off events as requested by the Mayor or Chief Executive – e.g. after an overseas disaster or event
- Local celebrations – e.g. a Turbos' rugby game win
Bookings are made on a first-come, first-served basis and can only be made for up to two days.
If you're part of a registered charity, get in touch with our team and enquire.