Water heating

If you’re planning to install solar water heating you will need building consent.

You’ll also need consent if you are installing a wetback connected to a fireplace.

You won’t need consent for an authorised person to repair or replace an existing water heater when using comparable materials in the same position. This also includes any existing wetback and solar water connections.

For full guidance on exempt work, please refer to the government guidance.

Government guidance: Plumbing and drainage work that doesn't need a building consent 

Apply for building consent