Council administers the Jaycee Trust Travelling Fellowship Scheme to enable young people to study or engage in special overseas projects, to enhance their contribution to the community and their trade, industry, profession, business or calling back in New Zealand.
Each year successful applicants will receive up to $5,000 each, with a maximum of $10,000 granted each funding round.
The fund will reopen for applications in 2020.
If you have any questions about the funding or the application process n the meantime, please email Natalya Kushnirenko
- You must be under 40 years old as of 1 January of the year you’re applying, be a New Zealand citizen and live in Palmerston North or the Manawatū district.
- Your proposed project must include intensive investigations beyond New Zealand. It must also illustrate the contribution that will be brought back to New Zealand, and how you will be qualified to gain and pass on that benefit to your service role in New Zealand.
- Travel shall be for up to three months.
- The successful project should take place within the year following the date of approval.
- Funding will only be granted towards travel costs – not accommodation costs.
- If your application is approved, you’ll need to submit a project report to the Selection Panel within three months of returning to New Zealand.
Documentation you'll need to provide with your application
When you apply you will need to provide evidence that:
- you are under the age of 40 years as of the 1st of January of the current year
- a New Zealand citizen
- live in Palmerston North or the Manawatū district
- you have approved paid leave for travelling purposes, or your intention to return to study
- you are able to meet at least 20 per cent of your total travel costs.