We have some challenges
These things have had a major impact on our draft long-term plan – they've shaped our plans, our budgets and the options in our consultation.
Shortly, we’ll provide more detail about these.
Those challenges include:
- interest rates
- inflation, insurance, and power bills
- cost of living for our residents, businesses and ratepayers
- climate change
- the state of our roads and transport assets
- seismic upgrades needed for many of our facilities
- managing growth for business and housing
- Three Waters, including our Nature Calls wastewater project, new drinking water standards, growth, and uncertainty about the long-term management of water following the change in government.