No longer on display. Expired on
24 February 2022, 04:00 PM
Under Clause 5A of the First Schedule of the Resource Management Act 1991, the Palmerston North City Council gives notice of Proposed Plan Change J: Massey University Turitea Historic Area.
Description and scope of proposed plan change
Proposed Plan Change J changes to the District Plan are summarised as follows.
Changes to District Plan Section 19: Institutional Zone:
- Objective 4 and policies 4.1 to 4.4 to recognise and protect the historic value of the Turitea Historic Area and recognise the social, aesthetic, scientific, use and contextual values.
- Introduction of new rules, performance standards and assessment criteria to section 19. This will ensure any new activities comply with the new performance standards.
- A map showing the extent of the Turitea Historic Area Overlay.
Changes to District Plan Section 4: Definitions:
- Introduction of definition for the Turitea Historic Area to describe what the area covers.
Viewing the plan change
Proposed Plan Change J: Massey University Turitea Historic Area is available for viewing at the following offices when these offices are open to the public:
- PNCC Customer Service Centre, Palmerston North City Council, Civic Administration Building, The Square, Palmerston North
- Central Library, (2nd Floor, NZ Pacific Islands Zone), The Square, Palmerston North
All information is available on the Council website: pncc.govt.nz/planchangej
Only the persons given limited notification under this clause may make a submission on Proposed Plan Change J to the Palmerston North City District Plan. Other persons are ineligible to make a submission on this plan change. PNCC has identified affected parties and they have been notified.
The closing date for submissions to Proposed Plan Change J is 4pm, 24 February.